• CLASS LIST LOG
• Class List Log
• Uses of the Class List Log
• What to Do with It
• Because all the children’s names are on the form, it must be filed in a Class File, not in individual children’s files.
• Information can be separated by copy/paste, mailing labels, copy-over.
• Reflective Journal
• Teacher’s Diary for PERSONAL thoughts, comments, questions, complaints
• NOT for information gathering on individual children
• NOT for others’ eyes
• KEEP IT PRIVATE!
• TOPICS IN OBSERVATION
Why Not Use a Diary or Daily Journal?
• Written at end of day
• Only on “memorable” children
• Details are lost in memory
• LOOKING AT SEPARATION
• Preparation for Entering
Programs and Schools
• Gather information from the family
• Personal meetings & home visits
• Visit to the school/open house
• Formal family orientation
• Arrivals and Departures
• Building Trust
• Child Orientation
• Comfortable Arrivals and Departures
• Handling Separation Anxieties
• SIGNS OF SEPARATION DIFFICULTIES
• Social Interaction
• Acting Out
• HELPING ALL CHILDREN WITH
SEPARATION AND SCHOOL ADJUSTMENT
• Children with Special Needs
• Diverse Cultures
• Standard Related to Separation and Adjustment
Caring for Our Children American Academy of Pediatrics
The staff of the facility shall help the child and parents cope with the experience of separation and loss….